Deuteronomy 16:15

Deuteronomy 16:15
For the LORD your God will bless you in all your harvest and in all the work of your hands, and your joy will be complete.



Monday, December 12, 2011

Not Me Monday!

For the first time, I am joining in on the blog carnival started by MckMamma. It is called "Not Me Monday" and she says "It is being brutally honest and living to tell about it!" This is where you can share some things that you would "never" do. Here we go!

This past week, when Jim was gone on an overnight business trip, the kids and I certainly did NOT stay in our pajamas until after afternoon naps. Nope, not us! We are always dressed and groomed first thing in the morning, regardless of the day! That same night, I did NOT allow the kids to stay up until I was ready for bed, then just tuck all of us into my bed and pass out. Nope, not me! I believe in the importance of schedules, and never, ever stray from them.

This past weekend we took the kids to a live nativity that I thought was outside. I definitely did NOT dress them like we were going on an Arctic expedition. When we arrived, and it turned out that the activities were all inside, the kids and I certainly did NOT sweat bullets in the VERY warm gymnasium of the church.

I decided to make homemade playdoh with the kids for the first time. When the recipe said you could add glitter of your choice, I did NOT add green glitter that you would use on cookies. I know way too much about cooking/baking to do something like that, and I NEVER get so distracted by my two little ones that I forget to think things through. The green cookie glitter certainly did not dissolve when were were cooking the playdoh, turning our pretty red, with green sprinkles, playdoh, into a color that looked like raw meat. Nope! That did NOT happen to us!

And finally, when returning a pair of jeans I didn't like to Old Navy (all the while swearing I wasn't going to buy ANYTHING) I certainly did NOT sprint to the pajama section when I saw a pair of pink, snowman pajama pants on the mannequin. I did not immediately buy said pink, snowman pajama pants for myself, while internally squealing for joy, because I LOVE pink and snowmen. Nope, not me!! I'm MUCH too mature to get excited over something like pink, snowman pajama pants.

There you have some of the things I did NOT do this week! I hope you laughed, and thought of the funny things you "didn't" do too! ;-)

Karla

2 comments:

Kirsten and Laurie said...

This just made my day! Haha! Kirsten

trooppetrie said...

i love making homemade play dough. One trick i learned was to go straight from the pan to my mixer instead of hand mixing it. It comes out so much smoother