Deuteronomy 16:15

Deuteronomy 16:15
For the LORD your God will bless you in all your harvest and in all the work of your hands, and your joy will be complete.



Saturday, December 3, 2011

Advent Activities: Day 1, 2 and 3

Hello! This has been a crazy fall for us, and I haven't had the time to post the way I wanted to. We've been doing lots during our school time, I just haven't had time to take pictures or post about it! However, a dear friend of mine posted things she is thankful for every day in November on her blog, and inspired me! My goal for the month of December is to do a small post each day about our daily Advent activities.

We have been following The Truth in the Tinsel ebook, and it  has been wonderful! I thought by doing a post each day it would inspire me to keep up with our daily reading and craft, and share some of what we've been up to. I just thought of it today, so I will share what we've done the first three days in December! For each day we read a passage in the Bible covering one aspect of the Christmas story, and then make a craft that goes along with it.


Day 1: We read from Isaiah, how there will come a Christ, that is the light of the world. The candle represents the Light. :)


Day 2: We read from Isaiah again, this time how a king is coming to save the world. Of course we had to make a crown for a king!


Day 3: Hanging up her ornament for the day.


For day three we read the story in Luke about the angel telling Zechariah that he and Elizabeth were going to have a baby. Zechariah didn't believe the angle, and so God caused him not to be able to speak until John was born. You can't see it in the photo but we have a big bubble from a piece of bubble wrap for his mouth, to represent that Zechariah couldn't speak. Naomi thought that this was pretty funny.


Being that each craft is an ornament, I think they were meant to be hung on the tree. This wasn't going to work for us. Nathan is 18 months old, and doing a FANTASTIC job not bothering the tree, because he understands that it is NEVER to be touched. I thought hanging something on the tree each day would confuse him. Therefore, we are hanging our ornaments on the garland going up our stairs. You can see the ornaments we've made in between the stockings, and my cool boot stocking too (best stocking EVER!). ;)


Speaking of Nathan, I couldn't resist adding this picture of Mr. Handsome himself, eating dinner off of his Santa plate.


The kids' Great Grandma Shirley gave them these adorable stockings to use to count down to Christmas. I put our Advent word clue of the day in each stocking and we are using them on our calendar this month. The kids LOVE it!

So there you have some of what we've been doing for the first three days! We have been doing a lot of other things behind the scenes, but we'll see if I get around to sharing our other stuff or not! Come back and see what we're doing each day for our Advent activities though! I am also linking up with Preschool Corner and Tot School over at 1+1+1=1.

Karla


No comments: