Deuteronomy 16:15

Deuteronomy 16:15
For the LORD your God will bless you in all your harvest and in all the work of your hands, and your joy will be complete.



Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Advent Activities: Day 7 and the First Snow!

Today we read in Luke how Mary was so filled with thankfulness to God, that she sang praises to Him. We talked about how it pleases God when we sing to Him too. Naomi was excited because she loves to sing. She said, "That's great Mommy because I like to sing AND I like to make God happy!".


Today's ornament was decorating a CD to remind us of Mary's song. Naomi really enjoyed this because everything was shiny!


Naomi worked on this for a LONG time, gluing, and placing the the decorative jewels and stones where she wanted them. She was so excited when she was done that she picked it up by the ribbon to show  me, not understanding that things that heavy take a long time to dry. Almost everything slid off. Needless to say, she was heartbroken. I sat down with her though and we were quickly able to get things back to where she wanted them with my help. I think it turned out really pretty!


We have had very warm weather lately, and woke up this morning to the pouring rain. However, as the kids were napping, the rain turned to snow. What a fun surprise for them to wake up to a winter wonderland! They were psyched and we quickly cut the tags off their new snowsuits/boots, and headed outside. They had a BLAST! We all got soaking wet since the yard was all sloppy, but it was great. I was so proud of how well Nathan did too! This is his first winter walking in the snow and he was a trooper. It's hard to walk with all those clothes on but he did really well. He didn't even cry when he tripped, and face planted in the snow multiple times. I have to say he's a wee bit tougher than his big sister Naomi, who cried her first winter walking, when the snow touched her new boots. She's a child after my own heart. ;) We were all very proud of our snowman too!


I wasn't joking when I said Nathan LOVED the snow! Here they were scooping the clean snow into their bowls for a special snow snack! I poured some maple syrup over the snow and they ate it with spoons. It was a hit!

That's all for today! My major mission for tomorrow is to go to the post office, but sadly that has been my mission every day this week. We have just been having too much fun at home to get around to it! If you don't get your Christmas card from us until AFTER Christmas, now you know why. ;)

Karla



No comments: