Deuteronomy 16:15

Deuteronomy 16:15
For the LORD your God will bless you in all your harvest and in all the work of your hands, and your joy will be complete.



Saturday, December 3, 2011

Christmas Activity Trays

I wanted to share with you a peek at our Christmas trays for next week! Naomi saw me putting them together today, and we are both excited to try them out. Most of  these printable (unless otherwise stated) are from Walking By the Way's Kindergarten Winter Games Packs. Even though I made these trays with Naomi (4 yrs old) in mind, I have thought of modifications for Nathan (19 months) too.


Here is a look at the trays all set up and ready to go!


We are learning about tally marks. Using the Dry Erase crayons (which I like SO much better than dry erase markers), Naomi will decorate the snowman family with eyes, hats, noses, etc. Then we will count up each item, and record our tally marks on the recording sheet you see on the left. She's been very into drawing/coloring lately, which is a first, so I think she'll love this!
Nathan Modification: draw on the snowmen, with me. We can both draw and I will have him find the body parts like eyes, nose, feet, etc.


We have been doing lots with reading three letter words. For this tray I will say a word like "pig". Naomi will have to listen, figure out what the middle letter is in the word I say, and then flip the "cookie" with the matching letter. This is great practice for those middle letter sounds, which are always trickier for them.
Nathan Modification: I'm going to try to have him practice colors by finding the red stocking, yellow bell, etc, but most likely he will flip the cookies, toss the cookies, and be done. ;)


On this (cookie) tray the kids will use our magnetic pom-poms to make the picture. For whatever reason both kids LOVE this. You can find this printable here.


Find the Cookie (think Battleship). There are two copies of the grid. I will hide the cookie cutouts on my grid and Naomi will have to call out different squares to find the cookies (ie. C4) and mark off the squares that have nothing on them. Note the gummy treats on the left. This tray may be a bit hard for her because we've never done anything like this before, so I thought I might start off by hiding gummy treats instead of the paper cookies, and let her eat each one as she finds it. Nothing like a little bribery incentive!
Nathan Modification: "Nathan, go play with your trains".


Craft tray: On this tray I've been putting our supplies for our daily Advent ornament craft so they are ready to go. Sometimes both kids make an ornament, and sometimes just Naomi.


Smash the snowman! We will do this on our little picnic table over our vinyl flooring. I'll put down globs of shaving cream, and put the snowman word cards on top. As I call out the words Naomi has to find and read the word, then smash the snowman! I laminated the snowmen and wrote on them with dry erase makers so I can easily switch up the words.
Nathan Modification: I am going to erase the words and draw on shapes or colors and have him do the same thing!


Christmas themed pattern block mats. There is several sheets to choose from and I found them here. Both kids can do this tray in their own way.

There you have it! Our Christmas trays for this coming week! I will leave these trays out as long as they are interested in them, and then slowly rotate them out with new things. If you are looking for more Christmas theme ideas, checkout all the fun stuff I've found on my Christmas Pinterest Board or see what others are doing at Preschool Corner and 1+1+1=1.

Have a great week!
Karla

No comments: