Deuteronomy 16:15

Deuteronomy 16:15
For the LORD your God will bless you in all your harvest and in all the work of your hands, and your joy will be complete.



Monday, May 2, 2011

Nathan's First Birthday!

We celebrated our baby boy's first birthday this weekend!  I can't believe that he is already 1!!  Where has the past year gone?  I feel like it was just last month that I was pregnant, and not so patiently, awaiting his arrival. It's cliche to say, but very true: time goes by so fast when you have kids.  What an amazing year it has been.  It's so busy having young children, but I can honestly look back at this year and say that I thoroughly enjoyed Nathan's time being a baby to the fullest.  Knowing how quickly it would go by, I only had one commitment outside the house, and that was simply playgroup that met every other week.  It's so easy to get bogged down in commitments, and to spread ourselves thin.  Not that we didn't do other things, but that was the only thing I committed us to on a regular basis.  I'm so proud of myself for keeping my priorities in order and spending this past year immersed in Nathan's "baby era".  This first year of his will be a time I will look back upon and treasure.  Anyways, enough babbling and on to the party details!!

Initially I planned on inviting our usual group of friends we have to such events.  However, after a bit of thought, I realized that this wasn't a party for Naomi and her friends, or for Jim and I, but a party for our son who is just turning one.  By inviting a large group of people, I knew he would be overwhelmed, and the party wouldn't really be about him.  Therefore, we kept the party simple and small, and it was ALL about Nathan.  The theme for the party was construction and it was beyond adorable.  Nathan loves all the big trucks and machinery that are always around our development (new development where lots of new houses are going up).  When I found this online I knew it would be perfect!

What did I say?? TOO CUTE!!


What a fun centerpiece!


The cake was perfect for the theme and yummy too!


Testing out his new wagon the morning before the party.


Pre-party playing.  Grandma and Grandpa gave Nathan some of his presents that morning so he could play with them all day.  The parking garage was a hit!


So VERY handsome. I love you my big one year old boy!


Opening his present from Mommy and Daddy.


The dump truck we got him was a HUGE hit.  It has three modes and you can ride it, push it, and use it as a dump truck. 


He LOVES it and has hardly gotten off it since the party!


Party hat!! It didn't last long.... ;)


Naomi however LOVED the party hats and wore one the whole party!


He had is own little smash cake!


He wasn't so sure about the taste but thought playing with the icing was fun.


He ate up all the attention.  I'm so glad he had such a special day that was just for him.  Here he was clapping, and hamming it up for the crowd.


Nathan and his future wife, Lyla.  I could eat them they are so cute!!  They really have fun together too.


Mommy and the birthday boy at the end of the party.  He was so, so tired, and slept in until 10:00 am the next day!

We had such a special time celebrating Nathan's first year of life.  I have the fondest memories of Naomi's first birthday, and I'm so happy that I will have equally great memories of Nathan's.  I am so blessed to have such an amazing son.  Nathan is the happiest boy ever.  He always has a smile on his face, and is so funny.  I know he is going to have a great sense of humor.  He is extremely brave, and is always exploring or climbing on something.  This would terrify me more if he wasn't so athletic!  He has amazing balance and can generally get himself out of what he gets on/into.  He is ALL boy, but also extremely sweet and cuddly.  He gives me the best kisses, and is super cuddly with both me and Daddy.  We love you Nathan!  I will always treasure the memories of your first year, and am excited for the new memories we will make together as you grow.

Love, Mommy

No comments: