Deuteronomy 16:15

Deuteronomy 16:15
For the LORD your God will bless you in all your harvest and in all the work of your hands, and your joy will be complete.



Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Valentine's Day Playdough

This is only the second time I have made homemade playdough with the kids and it was a HUGE success! I'm not one of those people that feel homemade, and from scratch, is always better, but I have to say, in this case it is. Homemade playdough has such a nicer texture than store bought playdough, and the fact that you can make it smell wonderful is a huge bonus. Plus the kids adore making it with me.

To help celebrate Valentine's Day we made chocolate playdough. It smelled sooooooooo good!


Both kids took turns measuring and mixing. Excellent math skills!


It sort of looked like chocolate pudding when we first put it on the stove.


A few minutes of heavy stirring on Mommy's part, and you get a nice big ball of playdough!


They got right to playing before the playdough was even cool.


Nathan really dug these heart shaped measuring cups.


Naomi loved making cookies and mini cakes with this ice cube tray. I gave them some birthday candles later too, and they thought that was fabulous. We sang happy birthday to each other about a million times. ;)


I worked with Nathan on all sorts of vocabulary as we were playing. He liked these cookie cutters so we talked about BIG hearts and little hearts, soft and hard, fat and skinny, etc.


Naomi decided we were going to have our own  bakery, and used the tote I was keeping our supplies in as an oven. I love her imagination!


I was kind enough to eat the chocolates out of this chocolate box so the kids could make playdough chocolates. I'm sacrificial that way, being their mother and all. ;)

I'm still rather surprised what a hit this playdough was. The kids have always enjoyed playdough, but they played with this for HOURS upon HOURS for over two weeks! I got the chocolate playdough recipe from here, and here is the base recipe I that I use. Enjoy!

Karla

No comments: