Deuteronomy 16:15

Deuteronomy 16:15
For the LORD your God will bless you in all your harvest and in all the work of your hands, and your joy will be complete.



Monday, April 18, 2011

My Mommy and Daddy Visit!

My parents flew in from Canada on April 5th and stayed through the 12th. It was SOOOOOOO good to have them here! I miss them terribly, and love it when they come visit. The kids are crazy about them, and have so much fun too. It was especially fun this time because Nathan can do so much now. We saw them last at Christmas, and although Nathan was adorable, it's so much fun now that he is mobile.  Here are some highlights from the week.


Of course there were presents.
And more presents!


And dancing too! Mom got Naomi these pretty dancing ribbons to twirl as she dances. They were both dancing away when Mimi (mom) turned around to see Naomi using her silk, dancing ribbon as a duster! Mom asked her what she was doing and Naomi answered "Dusting! Come dust with me Mimi!". During this time Mom turned to see what Nathan was up to......

and there he was, vacuuming away with his toy vacuum! Now Mom is convinced that I've brainwashed my children to be clean/neat freaks like Jim and I. ;-)


We had some beautiful days during the visit. This was a nice break for Mom and Dad from all the snow they still have in Canada!

Playing with the new blocks they got for Nathan's birthday.


We went for some nice walks! Grandpa and Nathan were cute in their matching Mountaineers colors.


We had fun going out to eat.


Nathan got his first haircut when they were here. He held so still and didn't even fuss once!


We spent lots of time in our newly finished basement. Dad and Naomi were listening to an online book. Mom and Naomi also spent tons of time on our beanbag chairs, listening to the Disney Read Aloud books they brought. I'm SO SAD I didn't get a picture of this!! Naomi LOVES these books. They came with the book, and a CD that tells the story. She and Mom had so much fun listening to these together, and now Naomi can do them by herself. I set up a cute reading/listening corner in her room that I will have to post a picture of.


Mimi, Naomi, and Grandpa Daryl


Mimi, Nathan, and Grandpa Daryl


My Mommy and I


Me and my Daddy!

We had a great visit and it went by way too fast. I enjoy having my parents here so much, that the week after is always hard because I miss them terribly. It was great though. We had lots of good visits, and I even got a bit of time to myself while they played with the kids. I worked hard on Nathan's Shutterfly book, got a pedicure, and did a LOT of planning and prepping for Tot School! I'm excited to show what we have been doing for our Easter activities, and to do all of our upcoming units. Mom ordered us all the books we will need for our units until the fall, and I am pumped! I've got lots of fun things in the works! 

I am very blessed to have the parents that I do. When I was growing up they always played with us, read to us, took us on cool trips, instilled a love of learning through homeschooling, coached my basketball teams, the list could go on an on, but you get the idea! Most importantly, they taught my siblings and I about God, and made sure we had a personal relationship with Him. In addition, they not only told us that we were brilliant and could do anything we wanted in life, but drilled that in to the point that I still really believe it. Because of them, I believe I can do anything I set my mind to. Confidence and self-esteem have never been an issue for me. I can't imagine growing up any other way, and I thank them for that. I only hope I can instill those values, and confidence, in my own children. So thanks Mom and Dad, thank you for providing such an awesome example of how to be fabulous parents. I love you!

Karla





No comments: